Thursday 26 March 2015

March favourites/new products

Welcome to my first favourites posts! I know, it isn't the end of the month yet but I couldn't wait to share a few new products I've been very fond of lately. I can't think of a better introduction so I'm just going to jump straight into it…


1. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
I'm not going to go into too much detail with this product since I already posted a full review on this earlier on in the month, be sure to check that out if you're interested. It's a great foundation, highly-pigmented and long-lasting full coverage foundation that feels so lightweight and comfortable to wear unlike any other high coverage foundations that are usually thick, heavy feeling and inevitably breaks me out. This is my new holy grail foundation! It has the ability to give an absolute flawless coverage and natural finish with the smallest amount of product, so the entire bottle will last a fair bit. Definitely worth every penny.


2. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette
I have waited for this product for months after seeing multiple reviews, demos and swatches. Australia is always a couple of months behind the rest of the world, but fortunately this palette was finally made available for purchase at Sydney Sephora earlier this month! I finally have it in my hot little hands and I have no regrets about this purchase. It's such a great neutral palette - so soft and pigmented! The quality of these eyeshadows feel and look so luxe. They blend well, they don't have any fall out. Great selection of 12 base and crease colours for natural or smokey eye looks. I love the versatility and great for those who prefer wearable matte shadows.



3. Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder
This power highlight is the highlight of my month. I apply this to the tops of my cheeks, forehead, tip of the nose and cupid's bow for a natural luminous touch. It has such a soft lustre finish, very subtle and natural. It's the perfect sheer highlight with just amount of sheen to give you the most flattering glow without looking too done up.


4. Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour
If you follow me on instagram you would have seen me feature this product repetitively in my make up of the day pictures. You already know this is my favourite! This is my baby, I take it everywhere with me and it's the perfect size for my make up bag. I love the packaging, the colour (Nude Rose) and most importantly, the formula! This applies so smoothly and feels like silk on the lips. It's not sticky or heavy and thick…it's has a very thin consistency (but not watery or runny that it will make a mess) and it sets to a demi-matte finish. As the name implies, it's a dusty rose nude shade that's the most natural wash of colour. It is what everyone would say…"my lips, but better" This is currently available at David Jones' LM counters, however this product is only available in this shade but I'm told that the entire line of Paint wash liquid lip colours will launch on the 6th of April! I can't wait to collect them all to swatch for you all!



5. Laura Mercier Lustre Eye Colour in Topaz
I don't own many eyeshadow singles, most of my eyeshadows are in palettes and most of my palettes are neutral palettes…I know I'm a pretty basic chick. When I first got this shadow I instantly knew I had nothing like it amongst all the palettes that I own. This is gorgeous soft ashy taupe shade with fine micro glitter giving it that "lustre" finish. I love using this for both lid and crease. It's a sheer tone eyeshadow with buildable pigment. This single shadow's best feature is it's packaging. I love the uniqueness of the pan. You can pop this out from it's case and put them into a customised palette. Each eyeshadow pan is labelled at the back and each case has


6. Bite beauty Agave Lip Mask
This is one of my sneaky splurge item. This lip mask smells (and tastes) sweet. It's a incredibly nourishing treatment that softens and heals chapped, dry and flakey lips. It has a smooth and emollient texture that instantly softens and hydrates the lips. It works just the same with any topical lip balm and lanolin but I couldn't resist the hype and grabbed it.

…And that pretty much wraps up my monthly favourites. What did everybody think? Which products have you been loving and would recommend? Also let me know if you like these types of posts and I'll consider making it a consistent monthly thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment