Friday 20 March 2015

Essence Cosmetics Lip Liners

It is no secret that I am a fan of Essence lip liners. I often use and feature them in my make up of the day/face of the day pictures on instagram (@hauteflashes)

Essence Lip Liner 05 Soft Berry, 06 Satin Mauve and 11 In The Nude

The formula of these lip liners are so high in quality - pigmented, rich intense colours and so smooth and creamy with a soft velvety-matte finish. Lining the lips with these are just so easy because the texture of these are incredibly soft, however because of this I find that every time I sharpen it, the tip breaks off so you will need to use soft gentle strokes. This is great as a base underneath lipsticks or it could even be worn alone since the colours apply so smoothly. These last roughly 2 to 4 hours on me (light eating and drinking) which is pretty good, however, I find that these liners can accentuate dryness, cracks and cling to flakes, so yes, you're going to have to prep your lips and exfoliate and/or moisturise before applying. I actually find that these are used up fairly quickly compared to my MAC lip liners but considering how they're so much more affordable, I ain't complaining!

Under natural lighting. From left to right - 11 In The Nude, 06 Satin Mauve, 05 Soft Berry

They're great value for money, I even paid for these with loose change! I'm being serious, they were only $2 AUD at Priceline and Target…practically a steal! They're cheap but there's nothing cheap about the quality of them. I will definitely be repurchasing these over and over.


No comments:

Post a Comment