Thursday 12 March 2015

* Nip + Fab Bee Sting Fix

Over the past couple of weeks, I incorporated the Nip+Fab bee sting fix lifting mask and the bee sting fix eye cream into my daily skincare routine. I have fairly dry skin, flakiness and fine lines from either sun damage or dehydration and over the past month I have been losing sleep, and as a result, my eyes are weak, dark and swollen. I would exfoliate (3 times a week), cleanse and tone then follow up with these products each night.


The Nip+Fab eye fix is a stimulating eye cream that claims to defend against the look of fatigue with anti-ageing benefits that will target your eye area to brighten and smooth fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to that, the product also claims that the bee venom controls the facial muscles, increasing blood circulation to plump the skin, smooth out lines and wrinkles and propolis extract is an anti-oxidant and anti-septic. Other ingredients also include cocoa butter and shea butter which moisturises and tegocosmo and elastan helps brighten and repair the skin's elasticity. Directions state that it should be used sparingly under the eyes and around the brow bone area and it is important to note that if you have an allergy to bee stings - avoid this product. I'm not allergic to anything so here's how I went!

To start off, it comes in a small plastic tub containing 10ml of product, which is actually 5ml less than standard eye creams on the market, but for the price you pay it works out to be a lot more affordable, considering how most eye creams can cost an upward of $45 AUD. This eye cream is so soothing, it keep my eye area moisturised and prevented it from becoming dry and creased. My dark under eye circles were still visible, but because it was a bit of a cooling cream it reduced the size of my under eye bags. I used this cream morning and night for the past couple of weeks, and I did notice that it reduced fine lines and creases under my eyes. After about a fortnight of using this my eyes were looking a lot less sunken and felt more plump and soft. This product did not cause any irritations to my eyes which is great because I've had horror stories with other eye creams (will detail this in another post on hit and misses) but I did have a problem with it feeling slightly greasy. It has a light fragrance, nothing overpowering or offensive though. When I first received this product, I admit I was intimidated by the sound of "bee sting", but rest assured this product does not feel at all like a sting…just a regular moisturiser. This product does nothing for under eye darkness (though it never claims to) but it works really well for plumping and firming. I'd say this is great for prepping the eyes before foundation and concealing as it makes your make up apply a lot smoother.


The Nip + Fab bee sting fix lifting mask is a transparent gel mask which claims to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Instructions were to apply a generous layer to clean skin and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing off with luke warm water. To use this as an intensive overnight mask, you should only apply a thin layer and rinse it off the following morning. Key ingredients found in this product is bee venom, which helps to plump and firm the skin, instensyl, which tenses and smooths for an even texture and moisturising complex to soften and hydrate the skin making this product highly desirable for people with severely dry skins like me.

I used this on my partner and myself over the past few weeks, mainly as a intensive night mask. I'm 23, so I can't really test just how well this product works for ageing skin, but luckily my partner has kindly offered to try this out with me and since he has slightly sun-damaged skin and a few wrinkles this is a great opportunity to test the full potential of this night mask. This gel mask contains 50ml worth of product, the typical amount you would get for any face cream product so I'm hoping this will last me a couple of months. This product definitely feels hydrating and it's so emollient. It applies so smoothly and easily. It doesn't have a sticky or tacky feeling, but I did notice it feeling very slightly tightening my face (similar to an egg mask without the gross slimy plastic feeling) and it is undetectable once it sets into the skin. This product also has a light fragrance to it, nothing too obnoxious, but it does linger for a while so if you're a person who can't tolerate even the slightest of scents then you're probably going to want to give this a miss. I can say after wearing this mask on for half an hour, my partner's skin looks a lot more luminous and a lot more smooth. The fine lines around his mouth, and temples where his crow's feet extends to dramatically improved. As for myself this gel mask hydrated my dull skin and made it feel more rejuvenated. This worked well on my dry sensitive skin without irritating or aggravating my spots or minor break outs. Again, if you are allergic to bee venom it is imperative that you give this product a miss.

Overall, I'm happy with the quality of these products. The packaging is a little mediocre, but I can definitely get past that because they both worked really well for me and especially for my partner. I will definitely be repurchasing the face mask in the future.

You can purchase these online at Nip+Fab or in stores at Target. The lifting mask retails for $21.95 AUD and the fix eye cream retails for $32.95 AUD.

What are your favourite skincare products or skincare brands? Feel free to leave suggestions or your thoughts on these products in the comment section.

* Disclaimer *
I was sent these products as gifts to trial but was not obligated to review or promote them, therefore, this post is not sponsored and I have not been paid. This is a complete and honest review detailing my personal experiences and opinions on these products. For the full disclaimer refer to my sidebar >

x Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment