Sunday 18 October 2015

Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist x Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum *

For the past couple of months, I have been making a conscious effort to keep to a skincare routine. I have always had dry skin, it's the bane of my existence and drives me to hoard excess quantities of serums, moisturisers, hydrating treatments, masks…etc. Here's a quick look at what I've been loving as of late.


The Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist is a daily rose-scented hydrating mist that claims to restore and hydrate the complexion, ideally for those with normal/combination skin types. This product also claims to possess antioxidant properties and leaves the skin refreshed, balanced and soothed.

This product comes in a luxurious, frosted glass bottle with a spray cap. It delivers a cool mist of rose water to help refresh and tone the skin. I use this almost daily as part of my skincare routine. Sometimes, I would drench myself in this before and after applying make up and my skin absolutely loves it. I highly recommend trying it out once you get the chance, the scent is light…very pleasant and not at all overpowering, so gets it's a big yes from me!

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Rosa gallica (Rose) Flower Extract; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Polysorbate-20; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Geraniol*; Linalool*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Benzyl Benzoate*.


The Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum is a youth defence concentrate serum which claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines, help improve elasticity, restore radiance, improve dullness and dehydration and shield the skin against environmental aggressors. 

This serum comes in a beautiful pearlescent glass bottle with a pump. I prefer the pump over traditional droppers to dispense product, however droppers allow you to precisely control the amount of product you use. I use at least 2 standard pumps for my entire face and neck. To apply, I gently pat the product onto the skin with clean fingertips. I have extremely dry, flakey skin - with that being said, this serum helped to dramatically retexture and purge my skin of flakes and rough patches. My skin felt smoother, more hydrated and it looked moist, dewy and radiant. I heavily depended on this daily, but since then my skin has been looking a lot better, so I find myself using this sparingly once every 3-4 days to keep my dry skin at bay. 

Ingredients:  
  • Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Niacinamide, Propanediol, Saccharide Isomerate, Magnesium Silicate, Squalane, Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Albizia julibrissin Bark Extract, Evodia rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa canina Fruit Oil, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea officinalis Root Extract, Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract, Rosa gallica Flower Extract, Calendula officinalis Flower Extract, Stellaria media (Chickweed) Extract, Echinacea purpurea Extract, Viola tricolor Extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Lavandula angustifolia Flower Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Taraxacum officinale Extract, Sambucus nigra Flower Extract, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Prunus persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Carrageenan, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sea Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cellulose Gum, Fragrance/Parfum*, Cetearyl Glucoside, SD Alcohol 40-A (Alcohol Denat.), Phospholipids, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Limonene*. *From Natural Essential Oil (Rose - Rosa centifolia, Chamomile - Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria)).
If you're currently in the market for a serum, I urge you to try the Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum. I seriously owe my new skin to these products and particularly favour them for their effectiveness…and their floral scent is just so alluring! I have no concerns with both these products, they performed according to their descriptions and they did not cause any irritations or breakouts. If you're a little bit of a nut like me and you like to keep everything in your purse, you could easily transfer these into smaller containers to keep with you while travelling.

If you have ever tried these or if you are interested in trying these, do leave a comment - I'd love to hear what you think about Jurlique products! Also if you are familiar with the brand and have any other recommendations, feel free to throw them at me! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment