Friday 3 April 2015

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup *First impression*

Hi everyone! I'm back with a highly requested review of both the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation now exclusively available at Mecca Maxima or online here.

Mini Mecca Maxima Haul

This foundation is still fairly new to me so this post will be sort of like a "first impression" kind of thing. On the UD website, this foundation is described to be a weightless formula that blurs imperfections for a flawless finish that feels invisible but looks professionally retouched. It claims to have a demi-matte finish that's paraben-free, oil-free and fragrance-free. There are a total of 18 different shades in this range that follow a numbering system - shades ending in .0 have warm undertones (yellow/olive skin) and those ending in .5 have cooler undertones (rosy and neutral undertones). I got mine in the shade 1.0 which is the lightest with warm undertones.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

The packaging of this product is very appealing. It comes in a tall bottle with a pump and contains 30ml of product (standard amount). One pump of this foundation will be able enough to cover my entire face at least one and a half times and to apply it, I buff it into the skin with a buffing brush or fingers will work just the same. Since it has a watery consistency it blends and melts into the skin easily and there is ample time to blend and even it out it before it sets to a complete soft matte finish. The formula of the Naked Skin foundation is water-based so if you don't shake the bottle before each use, the foundation will separate and application will look patchy and uneven. I always use a primer underneath my foundation so it should be no surprise that I used my Laura Mercier Radiance primer since I do have dry skin and this foundation can cling to dry, rough patches. It is recommended that you buff this in circular motions, but if you have sensitive skin or facial hairs and dry flakes, this technique may not be a good idea - instead, start from the centre of your face and blend outwards in downwards strokes following the direction of your natural hair growth.

Shade 1.0

The Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation provides a decent light-medium coverage. This is perfect for everyday wear - not to heavy, not too made-up so it's perfect for if you don't need much coverage but want to even out your complexion…cancelling redness, reduce the look of dullness. If you're looking for a higher coverage foundation however, I definitely recommend trying the NARS All day Luminous weightless foundation. The consistency of the Urban Decay Naked Skin is thin and light and feels truly weightless and breathable. It is scent-free and so far has not cause any irritations or break outs since it isn't at all heavy or thick. I didn't have a problem with oxidising, I find that this did stay colour-true and lasted roughly 6 hours before I noticed slight fading around my chin and forehead. There was no transfer and it also did not dry me out. I do find that this product is sort of an inbetweener though, so it's more suitable for normal or slightly oily skin, if you have dry skin you'll need a little extra hydration (moisturiser or primer) and if you have oily skin this may not provide enough oil control so you're going to have to depend on a really good setting powder to do most of the heavy lifting or use blotting sheets.

Overall, I like it. It blurred minor imperfection and my skin looks a lot more "enhanced" but still completely natural. The weightlessness is where I am the most impressed - because I have sensitive skin, I cannot tolerate heavy, high coverage foundations as I feel it suffocates my skin but with this foundation I can wear it from morning to night without fuss or feeling the need to wipe it off, although I must always remember to eventually do so because it's not good to sleep with make up on…

How did everybody else go with this product? Also keep eyes peeled for a quick review on the Too Faced Melted Liquid lipstick soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment