Wednesday 22 October 2014

Haute lips: Mini Chanel haul and review

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately I've been having some serious mental block for the past couple of weeks, but now I'm back and I've got a heap of new products (what spending ban, right?). There will be updated blog posts on my recent hauls soon, but first, I would like to introduce you my most recent purchases - Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss in '21 Distinction' and Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in '99 Pirate'.


I got these both on a whim, because I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging. I never owned anything From Chanel so why not? When I swatched it, it was truly love at first sight. I knew I had to snatch them up or end up painfully regretting it.

Now, I believe the Chanel rouge allure glosses are still fairly new on the market and packaging is so sleek. To release the product from it's case you simply click the top (or bottom, however you look at it) and it pops right out. Pretty fancy, hey?

This gloss has a beautiful high-shine lacquer effect with a decently long-lasting power. 21 Distinction is a deep magenta, contains no shimmer and is semi-opaque on the lips. They're slightly thick and sticky, but also moisturising on the lips and the colour does not bleed out or streak so there is no need to line or prep (great for when you have no time to get ready). There are 11 colour options in total and pigmentation is impressive. I don't find it to be uncomfortable to wear and the scent of it is quite faint and pleasant, almost like candy floss. I also love the doe foot applicator it's allows precise and easy application and holds just the right amount of product.


Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss '21 Distinction (top) Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick '99 Pirate' (bottom) swatches taken under natural lighting NC15 skin tone 

Here are the swatches side by side, and as you can see here, Pirate is an intense true red colour and Distinction is a deep magenta. These colours are really trending now since the autumn/fall season has rolled in (on the other side of the world). It's spring here in Australia but I couldn't care less, I'd wear regardless!

What do you girls think? Yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment