Monday 6 October 2014

Chi Chi Cosmetics Glamorous eye palette - Natural

Hey girls,

If you're a fellow Aussie beauty bargain hunter, you would already know about Chi Chi Cosmetics. Their entire range is a hit after hit. You all know I fell in love with their super bb cream, lipsticks (creamy, mattes and liquified) and now their glamorous eye palettes!

These palettes are such a treat! It actually caught my attention a while ago but I passed it up when I swatched one of their testers that was badly abused and dried out at a local target, but then I decided to give it another chance when I swatched it at Myers and it looked and felt much better. I didn't get it then of course because I knew a sale would come around sooner or later, Chi Chi often have sales and clearances so I waited it out and it was definitely worth it I grabbed this and repurchased another bb cream although now I wish I'd gotten the fabulous and flawless foundation too. Ah well.



I picked up their glamorous eye palette during their 30% off sale which will run until Wednesday 8th of October at Australian target stores. They have about 11 or 12 different palettes but I only picked up the Natural palette. This palette consists of 12 beautiful predominantly cool-toned neutral shades (matte and pearl finishes) that are both buttery and pigmented. The quality of these eyeshadows are amazing - they're very blendable, and can be applied both wet and dry. A couple of the shades can be a little bit powdery but if you tap off the excess you shouldn't worry too much about fall out or crumbling. This palette is great for beginners and is comparable to the Urban Decay Naked palettes with regards to the shades, pigmentation and texture however, chi chi is an obvious winner when it comes to affordable prices.



Here are the eyeshadow swatches under natural lighting without a primer, unfortunately they do not have names for these shades individually which can be a bit of a downside for some of you but totally forgivable since the colour payoff and shades are all gorgeous (as you can see). In terms of packaging it's pretty basic and it comes with 2 sponge tip applicators which I don't really care for since I find it's best applied with brushes or fingertips.

Chi Chi Cosmetics is an Australian brand that ships worldwide, so you can buy this online on their website or can be found in both Target and Myers. They retail for $22.95 AUD each, and came down to $16.06 AUD with the 30% off discount. I believe they will be coming out with a palette duo this year for the holidays so there will be a 2 pack for $30 which is a massive bargain considering how neutral palettes can cost an upward of $50 here in Australia (my aussie and NZ girls know the struggle).

What are your thoughts on these palettes? Which of the glamorous eye palettes are you eyeing or already own? I'd ove to hear feedbacks from you x

No comments:

Post a Comment