Tuesday 23 September 2014

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review

Hey beauty lovers, I have a treat for you today!

If you've seen my previous posts, you'd know I picked up the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation a few weeks ago after hearing many great things about it. I don't have problematic skin or redness, just dry skin and a few freckles, so I almost always stick to light coverage foundations or tinted moisturisers.


Packaging
The foundation bottle is glass which holds a standard 1fl.oz (30ml) It has a gold cap that has the logo embossed on the top and a gold pump which dispenses just the right amount of product and quite easy to control. The look and feel of it is luxurious and quite heavy compared to all my other foundations.

Product
Because I have minimal scarring and blemishes I only need one pump for my entire face. The formula is water-based so it's thin in consistency and runny but it applies and blends smooth, evenly and effortlessly and is very compatible with dry to combination skin. It has a dewy finish and is quite hydrating with SPF19 that lasts about 4-5 hours maximum which isn't very long lasting so I wouldn't recommend this for special occasions.

It's a light natural coverage that's very brightening and evens out skin tone, redness and minor freckles and blemishes. Once it sets on the skin, it feels weightless and natural. It does have a scent, which doesn't bother me in the slightest since it smells fresh like cucumbers or melons. This comes in 17 different shades, I got mine in B10 which is the lightest shade in the beige group.


I definitely notice that it brightens and lifts dull dry skin instantly and it does provide decent coverage (I have a scar there on my hand, which is now no longer visible).
If you need help getting matched, you can visit your nearest YSL counter and get matched, ask for a sample or go onto findation.com to compare and find matches with hundreds of other foundations.

Price
The YSL Le Touche Eclat Foundation retails for $82 AUD at Mecca, Myers and David Jones. It is definitely high end, I don't think it's a holy grail must-have especially for that price tag, but it's definitely a great one to own if you're a collector (hoarder, lol) or can afford to splash some cash to spoil yourself.

Overall
It's a great foundation that did not break me out (I have dry sensitive skin) and felt light on my skin and brightened my complexion. I did however noticed that it does have a bit of a white cast in flash photos, so a definite no no for weddings or parties but a yes for winter, or for everyday use. It did not crease on me, it felt very hydrating and lasted longer than most BB creams but less than a matte/satin finish or medium to high coverage foundation would. I wouldn't repurchase though, I feel that it is a great foundation for me but I could just as easily find cheaper dupes or more affordable alternatives.

(Sidenote: I don't have extremely high expectations for it since it isn't satin/matte or high coverage and it didn't advertise to be long wearing so I'm only going to rate it as a normal everyday foundation. I provide feedbacks according to what it does and what it claims to do. I try to be as impartial as I can because it irritates me when some reviewers sway the opinions of people just because a product doesn't do what it never claims it's suppose to i.e. Foundation for dry to combo skin makes a person with oily skin "shiny" and does not last and therefore their rating for the product is 1 star. If a product indicates that it is matte finish, you can't assume that it would work for dry skin and doesn't for oily skin.)

What are everybody's thoughts on this foundation? Love or hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment