Friday 10 April 2015

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eyeshadow

Josie Maran is fiercely becoming a highly recommended and popular brand in the beauty world. I have heard nothing but good things by JM and decided to hop on the bandwagon and picked up the Josie Maran coconut watercolour eyeshadow in Playa De Pink.


This product claims to contain natural and organic ingredients that's paraben-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free and vegan with no synthetic fragrances.


The packaging of these remind me of tiny eye drops… petite and cute. The doe foot applicator included with this product makes applying the eyeshadow easier with great precision, but it is useless for blending out the shadow so you're going to have to do that with a brush or with a clean ring finger. This product is made up of coconut water and argan oil, so the pigments and water does separate in the bottle, which requires you to shake vigorously before each use. The consistency of these eyeshadows are thin and aqueous but very opaque and pigmented - so pigmented that a little goes a very long way, so use this as sparingly as you can. Once applied to the lid, there is little time before it sets so you'll have to blend quickly before it sets to a dry and completely smudge-proof finish!

I love the feel of this formula! I definitely prefer this over other eyeshadows both powder and cream. The coconut water and argan-infused pigments feel hydrating and cool on my lids. The lasting power of this product is amazing, more than 8 hours of wear, however I did find this to crease very slightly…but it did not fade, peel or flake away.

Swatch of Playa Del Pink - Left heavy swatch, right sheer and blended.

The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is insane! I got this in the shade Playa Del Pink which is frosty champagne pink with slightly warm-undertones that's semi-opaque but has buildable opacity. This has a high-intensity shine with a foiled metallic finish. Gorgeous for an inner corner highlight or to dab over the centre part of the lid.

This currently retails for $22 AUD at Mecca Maxima both in stores and online. I will be adding more swatches and pictures once I run back to grab a few more shades. x

3 comments:

  1. Agree with everything you said! I only own Rio de Rose Gold but I adore it, it's unlike any other eyeshadow I've tried before. Keen to add a few more shades to my stash! x

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I wish I picked up more today! Why am I so indecisive :(

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous, I love their coconut water blushes too.. I wish i could get hold of them here in the UK.

    Samie|| BeautyDetour

    ReplyDelete