Tuesday 21 April 2015

Dior Nude Air Serum Foundation

Whenever there is a new foundation on the market that is supposedly great for dry to normal skin, I am usually first to jump on that bandwagon.

I don't always keep tabs on Dior's new releases, but I came across a the new Dior Nude Air Serum Foundation while it was on display at Sydney Myers and I was instantly drawn in by the beautiful packaging, plus I have a penchant for foundations and all base products so it instantly appealed to me.


The Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation is advertised as a lightweight foundation serum that creates an enhanced complexion and a sheer finish. This foundation claims to be a weightless, ultra-fluid foundation serum that is formulated with antioxidants and SPF 25 PA++ which offers sun protection and gives a natural looking glow.


This serum foundation comes in a very sleek and luxe looking frosted glass bottle with a silver cap containing a standard 30ml worth of product with a high-precision dropper. With this product, a little really goes a long way - I only needed 2 or 3 drops max to cover my entire face. The consistency of this foundation is very thin and aqueous so it's imperative that you shake the bottle before every use. To apply this, I find that fingers work the best and will give you a very soft-focus finish and a higher coverage. If you're going to use a brush to apply this, I suggest using a duo-fibre brush or a flat liquid foundation brush will work fine, however beauty blenders and buffing brushes are big no-no's as it will soak up a lot of the product and can be very wasteful - Never dispense the product directly onto the brush!

The Diorskin Nude Air is so easy to blend, has a gorgeous natural satin finish that really does feels like air! This is the most comfortable and most weightless foundation I have ever worn, however it can catch to dry skin, so you'll need to heavily moisturise or use a hydrating primer. The coverage is light to medium and looks velvety smooth and natural with a very subtle glow and does not cake up or transfer onto clothing. I find this foundation stays true to colour and does not oxidise on me but it is important to note that this foundation is fragranced, which usually doesn't linger past a half-hour, but if you're sensitive to scented products this one is going to to be a miss. 


This foundation blurs minor imperfections, reduced redness, pores, fine lines and hyper pigmentation. It did not settle into lines and it feels so light and airy!

The only disappointing thing about this foundation is it has a limited shade range (I believe there are 8 or 9 in total) so not everyone is going to find their match, luckily for me I found mine in the shade 010 Ivory which is the lightest warm beige with yellow undertones.

The Diorskin Nude Air foundation wore for roughly 6-8 hours on me and did not separate, peel or flake away. It provided enough coverage without looking over-done and wore comfortably for long hours without causing breakouts or dryness. 

You can purchase the Diorskin Nude Air serum foundation at Myers or David Jones both online or in-store for $79AUD.

1 comment:

  1. Great review Julie, very in-depth.
    I've never tried Dior foundations but this one sounds incredible.

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete