Sunday 8 March 2015

* Loreal Miss Manga Mascara

For those of you who are new readers, welcome! And for those of you who are long time followers on instagram, you would have been expecting this as it was highly requested that I share my thoughts on the new Loreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara. You ask, I deliver.


I will be testing this product according to its description which states that this is an all-black, mega-volumising mascara with a flexible 360 degree conical brush which amplifies the top lashes while maximising the lower lashes with it's precision cone tip. It is said to provide 15 times more volume that is flake-free all day for big manga-doll eyes.

The packaging of this product is big and chunky, a little too bulky to be travel-friendly unless you're like me and you carry around a large mary-poppins bag. I usually carry along sample-sized/deluxe mascaras anything bigger is just too inconvenient because my make up bag is pretty petite. 


The wand of the mascara is medium-sized and flexible and the cone tip of the wand makes it easy to apply especially in the inner eye corners and works unbelievably well for the lower lashes! Because it's a straight wand rather than a curved, it easily coats my lashes from root to tip, however (this is where it goes downhill), I noticed that the formula of this mascara is just a little too chunky and wet and easily clumps the lashes. Usually, what I like to do is wipe off excess product off the wand before I start applying, but this method is quite wasteful and inconvenient. I normally apply just one generous coat. If you apply any more than 2, you'll have yourself a clumpy and ridiculously spidery looking set of lashes. It does slightly lengthen my eyelashes but I don't find it to be "15x more volumised" as it claims to be. Despite the wetness, I do appreciate that when it sets it has a strong hold so it keeps the lashes curled for an extremely long time without flaking, but it did transfer and smudge a little bit after 4 hours of wear.

With the Loreal miss manga mascara, I find it to be a little difficult to remove much like the Benefit They're real mascara. I would recommend using micellar water on a cotton pad which removes waterproof make up like a boss. 

Overall, the Loreal Paris Miss Manga mascara is…okay. I absolutely love it for my bottom lashes, but I'm not a big fan of the clumpy formula, although I am aware that some girls like the clumpy effect, but personally, I'd rate this product a 6.5/10.

This currently retails for $16.46 AUD at Priceline, Target, Big W and selected chemists Australia-wide. Prices vary according to sales each of the stores may have.

What does everybody else think about this mascara? If you've tried it let me know how you went.  Feel free to leave a link of your review if you have one.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not the biggest fan of this either! I heard so much hype but I had similar problems with clumping. For me it doesn't even hold my curl very well so I'm a little disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God I was afraid I was the only one who thought so and was being a little harsh in this review. I find that this works well with holding the curls if you coat it from the base of your lashes. A lot of the time we coat the tips more and it can weigh the lashes down

      Delete